Let’s Get To Know Each Other
We can strive towards our true potential but complete potential is never met if you keep working for more by improving a little each day.
- Coach Heather Casey, empowering athletes since 2006
About Coach Heather Casey
Heather’s background in swimming competitively from age 6 under the direction of Olympic coaches Richard Quick and David Marsh led her to triathlon at the age of 14 in her first relay race. Her passion for endurance sports continued and has been her profession for over 12 years. Heather worked for Alabama State University as assistant strength and conditioning coach for their Division I football, tennis and volleyball teams after receiving her license as a NSCA, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Heather and Pat founded Peak State Fit from their 20 year combined coaching experience as USAT Level 2 coaches and strength coaches bringing their passion for wellness through endurance sports, functional strength and bike fit together. Heather and Pat offer professional bike fitting & mobility assessment as well as private consultations and specific programs for performance and weight loss for everyone, not just triathletes. Heather is returning for her second year in 2018 as a Team Coeur racing ambassador. Heather’s favorite race of all time was hands down Ironman World Championship in Kona 2017! Pat races as a Cat 1 road cyclist around the local Utah series.
Coaching from a holistic approach through the use of corrective exercise, individually designed training plans including metabolic efficiency guidance and mental skills training allows an athlete to develop at a rate and direction responsive for each unique athlete.
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Science, 1996
- NSCA, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, 2010 to present
- USA Triathlon Level 2 Endurance Coach, 2012 to present
- USA Triathlon Youth & Junior Elite Coach, 2013 to present
- Ironman Certified Coach, 2014 to present
- Training Peaks Certified Coach, 2012 to present
- Metabolic Efficiency Certified Coach
- USA Cycling Certified Coach, 2012
- Trek Precision Bike Fit Certified since 2012
- TRX Training Certified Instructor, 2008 - 1st TRX instructor in AL
- Certified Yoga & Pilates Instructor, 2007 Anusara Yoga, 2014